PhD Student Competition Co-Chairs
|Samir Lamouri||Michael Bourlakis||Nathalie Fabbe-Costes|
|( ENSAM, France)||( Cranfield School of Management, UK)||(Aix-Marseille University, France)|
Best Student Paper Award
The International Program Committee of the IEEE ICALT 2020 has decided to recognize a talented student author with a “Best Student Paper Award”. Contributions to problems strongly relevant to the field either of a theoretical or of an experimental will be considered.
ELIGIBILITY: The student should be the lead author of the article submitted to the workshop. By the time of final manuscript submission, student status should hold. The student should be pursuing either an MS or a PhD degree and she/he should also present the candidate paper at the conference.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The supervisor of the student should send a signed nomination letter to Organizing Committee Chair at email@example.com, with the following content:
- a statement indicating the reason for nomination, the relevance of work to the field, in what ways the student contributed to the work and how this contribution advances the state of the art;
- a statement mentioning that the student has made major contributions to the work;
- a statement indicating that the nominee is a student, and will still be a student at the time of final manuscript submission.
The reference provider may also discuss about student’s academic performance to make a stronger case.
SELECTION CRITERIA: Pre-selection of students will be based on the following:
- reviewer reports of the manuscript;
- enthusiasm of the reference provider in the nomination letter.
After pre-selection, the IPC Chair will form a short list of candidates. Then, the corresponding authors will be contacted to announce the pre-selection results. IPC members attending the conference will be asked to anonymously fill out an evaluation form, which will then be evaluated to determine the awardee.
CEREMONY: The awardee will be announced during the gala-dinner, on June 11, 2020.
- Best Student Paper Nominations Opens: 25 April 2020.
- Best Student Paper Nominations Closes: 5 May 2020